Monday, November 29, 2010

Goodbye Irvin

With the recent news of Mr. Kershner's passing I felt driven to share this short story with you guys. I had a copy of "The Empire Strikes back" from the first DVD release of the Original Trilogy, I carried it everywhere with me and watched it all the time. Since the premier of The Clone Wars TV series I didn't watch the movies as much as I used to but when I'd have a Hankering to watch the Saga I would always reach for my trusty "Empire" DVD. A few months ago I misplaced it, after several periodic searches I finally decided last week it was time to buy a new one. Sunday night I ended up in the electronics section of a Wal-Mart. One rack, which had obviously been hit hard by "Black Friday" shoppers, caught my eye. Near the middle of the almost empty rack lay a single copy of "ESB", nine bucks later it is was mine. What I didn't know is that the Director of the fine film had passed away mere hours before. He will be missed greatly and his legacy as the director of such a film Masterpiece like "Empire Strikes back" will live on forever. On behalf of the SWU fan community, myself and Fans Worldwide may I extend the most sincere condolences to the family and friends of Irvin Kershner. Godspeed and May the Force be with you.

5 comments:

  1. Seems as tho all the greats are dying off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for removing it, I wrote a typo.

    Goodbye Mr. Kershner, you will be missed by the Star Wars fan community.

    -Barriss :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I edited it because I had my days confused and I thought he had passed way Sunday morning not Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodbye Mr. Kershner. You will be missed by several.

    -Leia <3

    ReplyDelete